"Tell me and I forget. Teach me and I remember. Involve me and I learn." ~ Benjamin Franklin

PJ Drive Underway at Hilltop Elementary

From left: Some of Rine’s little “elves” include Sarenee Burnt, Baylee Merinar, Finnegan Gilbert and Wyatt Thorn.

Allison Rine’s 2nd grade students at Hilltop Elementary School are collecting pajamas for those in need this holiday season.

Any size PJ’s are being accepted.  Although, there is a greater need for donations of pajama sizes child 12+ through adult.

Rine’s little “elves” are in charge of sorting and labeling the PJ’s they receive.  A running tally is charted by the students daily. The goal is to collect 200 pairs of pajamas.

The class is also teaming up Scholastic.  The book company has agreed to match a book to every pair of pajamas collected.

“I believe this project is a great way for our students to contribute something positive to their community,” Rine explained.

Anyone wishing to help can drop off PJ’s at Hilltop Elementary School until Wednesday, December 13, 2017.  Pajamas don’t have to wrapped but can be wrapped or placed in a gift bag.  Please indicate whether the pajamas are for a male or a female and include the size.